Valentine's Day Woven Paper Hearts
Do you need a last minute no prep Valentine’s Day activity? The Woven Paper Hearts are easy to make and can be used as part of a display or as little baskets for storing Valentines. The effect is really beautiful when made with contrasting colored paper or patterned scrapbooking paper.
To make cutting out the template easier for young children, you can print out the outline on to coloured construction paper from the First Palette.
Steps for making the Woven Hearts
1. Cut out the template and fold the paper in half.
2. Cut along the lines.
3. Starting with the upper strip, begin weaving through the strips. Weave the first strip of one of the pieces of paper inside the first strip of the second piece of paper. Weave it over the second strip of the first piece of paper, inside the third strip, and over the fourth strip.
4. Begin with the second strip and alternate the weaving. Weave the second strip of the first piece of paper over the first strip of the second piece of paper. Weave it inside the second strip, over the third strip, and inside the fourth strip.
5. Continue weaving the remaining strips.
6. If you wish to add a handle, tape the ends of a strip of ribbon to the inside of the basket.
Now, you can use the hearts to decorate your classroom or as baskets for storing sweets and Valentines.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make Woven Paper Hearts.