Hey everyone! Hope all is well with you on this wonderful Veterans Day morning. It has been awhile since I have written a post so I thought I would share the exciting things I have been working on at my new site Tech with Jen. First of all, I decided to move my blog from Blogger to Wordpress. I have spent most of the summer learning more about the blogging world and based on what I read felt it best to make the switch. However, it wasn't exactly easy so I had to have someone do it for me. She did a fabulous job making sure everything from my old blog was transferred over.
The next thing I wanted to do was have an actual homepage in which I shared information about my site. I have added a lot of new features for my readers that include the following:
1. I have created my own online store! It is pretty exciting and people seem to be enjoying it. Right now all I have available are freebies, but who doesn't like a freebie. You will want to check it out because I have several things that will interest you TODAY! There is a great Veterans Day mini-unit as well as a few fall and Christmas freebies. Click on the picture below to learn more.
2. I have also added a couple of pages for those of you who might be interested in my help. I have talked to a lot of teachers across the country and many of them tell me they do not have anyone to help them learn how to use technology in the classroom. You may remember I asked if anyone had questions for me related to technology. I had a lot of response and tried to write some type of blog post and email you to let you know I tried to answer your questions. I really enjoy helping people learn how to use technology and have started coaching a few teachers online. I have helped teachers make QR codes, create iBooks with iBooks Author, as well as help teachers interested in starting their own online store. If you are interested in learning more about how I might be able to help you, click here.
3. Have you ever been a guest blogger? I am on the lookout for people who might be interested in guest blogging on my site. I am looking for teachers who enjoy using technology in the classroom with their students and want to tell the world about all of the fabulous things happening in their classroom. If you are interested, all you need to do is fill out this form and I will get back with you.
4. Another opportunity I have added to my site is my "Lesson Ideas" section. I am always on the lookout for new ways to help teachers. I know many of you really do not enjoy creating your own stuff or may not even know how. So I would love to help you out. If you have an idea of something you would like me to create please complete this request form. If your idea is chosen, I will send the product to you for free.
5. Need ideas for great apps in the classroom? I have created a new eBook of Apps for the readers of my blog. Many people have asked me over the years if I had a list of my favorite apps handy. I have always wanted to make this list and finally made myself sit down and create it. I decided to offer this FREE eBook to those readers who subscribe to my monthly newsletter. If you would like a copy just click on the picture below.
6. The last thing I want to share with you is my "Be Appy Monday" series. Every Monday I will be sharing with my readers tips and lesson ideas for using an app in the classroom. So far I have shared the app Book Writer and Snapguide. If you are interested in having access to my "Be Appy Monday" series just click on the picture below to subscribe.
There are a lot more exciting things coming to my new site such as online courses and more free resources so be sure to check it out. You can sign up via email alerts or simply subscribe. I know technology is being used in the classroom like never before and I want to help you on your journey. I would love to hear what you think about my new site and always appreciate comments and suggestions. Hope you have a great day and remember to thank a Veteran today for their service to our country!