Saturday, March 21, 2015

Improving Handwriting

Hi everyone!  I'm Amy from Cahill's Creations and I'm here to share some tips on how to improve handwriting.   I'm a kindergarten teacher and we are the foundation for teaching kids how to hold a pencil, form letters correctly, and begin to write!  These skills are so important to learn in kindergarten.  Most of my kids are doing great with handwriting, but there are still a few that need some extra help with new strategies.

So, I did a little research and found some paper on Amazon that would be helpful to these kids.  It's highlighted, which allows the kids to focus on forming the letters correctly and gives a guide for writing.  I noticed a big improvement with one of my kids and will continue to use this type of paper for writing.

http://www.amazon.com/Abilitations-Integrations-Hi-Write-Beginner-Paper/dp/B0042SWVIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426909978&sr=8-1&keywords=highlighted+paper



I sent a bunch of this paper home to practice writing at home too. 

I also created some handwriting practice pages to help with letter formations.  I sent a bunch of copies home and I put them in protective sleeves to save paper.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Handwriting-FREEBIE-1751151

Check them out to see if you can use them too!



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Cahills-Creations



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome handwriting tip! I have quite a few firsties that still struggle with where to place letters and how large or small to make them.
    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where on Amazon was this paper? I'm in such a need for my first grade son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click the picture of the highlighted paper... it'll take you right to the link! :)

    ReplyDelete